Terms and Conditions | FAQ
Care & Handling
Due to the delicate nature of our products, Modern Pastry is not liable for any damages caused once the product(s) has left our possession. When you or your representative elects to pick up (or accept delivery) and set up the cake, pastries, etc., you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the product(s). If picked up from the bakery, this applies once the product(s) leave the premise. If the product(s) are being delivered, you are only liable and responsible when it leaves the driver’s possession.
We take every measure to supply you with a stable product but cannot guarantee structural integrity during transport.
Please always handle your cake with great care: transport and display on a flat, well supported surface, and keep cool as long as possible.
Order Changes / Cancellations
Changes to an order may not be subject to a refund. Any changes to an order must be made at least 24-hours prior to your pickup/delivery. YOU MUST CALL THE STORE
Please call the store that your order would be picked up from
Any orders that are cancelled within 24 hours will not be subject to a refund.
- We do offer local delivery through GrubHub so we are limited to the changes that can be made to your order. Please call the Boston store (617.523.3783) to make any changes. If the order/delivery has gone wrong, please reach out to GrubHub directly
If your order has not been shipped, your order can be cancelled and refunded. Please call the Medford store (781.396.3618)
Due to the perishable nature of our products, we DO NOT accept returns. If you are unhappy with the product(s) you received, please bring the products back to the store from where you purchased them from and ask for management.
We do our best to meet customer expectations and appreciate your business and loyalty, but depending on the situation and the severity of it, refunds are not guaranteed
- Any order that is not picked up within 24 hours is not subject to a refund.
- If you are unsatisfied with your purchase and are looking for a refund, please bring the product(s) back to the store you purchased from and ask for management.
- Requests for refunds due to customer negligence or improper handling/storage will not be issued.
I cancelled my order, but I haven't received credit yet. How long do credits take?
It may take 7-10 business days to reflect your account. You should see this on your next credit card statement or the following one, depending on where you are in the billing cycle. If not, please contact the store who processed the refund.
- We do not accept returns, offer exchanges, and/or grant refunds on any goods sold unless the issue for return, exchange, and/or refund is the result of an error in our manufacturing, packaging, or handling of the goods.
- We do not offer refunds for delays caused by one of our shipping partners due to weather, mechanical error, strikes, natural disaster, inaccurate shipping information, mistakes on the part of our shipping partners' employees or similar reasons that are outside of our control. However, we understand the importance of your package to be delivered on time and suggest calling or emailing the Medford store
Gift Cards - Digital
All digital gift cards are for online purchases only. Our stores currently do not support gift card purchases.
Customizing cakes and pastries are a work of art. We do our best to provide an exact design and color choices, but it is subject to slight variations. Keep in mind the appearance of your cake can be affected by the environment it is in.
- Fresh Flowers: The responsibility of flower safety and safe food practices will rest with the florist and not with Modern Pastry Shop. Please consult floral safety and design questions with your florist.
Custom, Wedding, & Large Orders
All custom cake and pastry orders require a 10% non-refundable deposit that goes towards the total bill and must be paid in full 7-days prior to pickup or delivery.
Our products may contain milk, wheat, gluten, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guest of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions
If you have any questions feel free to contact us
Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again soon!